Sunday, May 28, 2006

The First Entrance!

Hello. My name is Aytekin. My wife Emel and I live in Ankara, the capital of Turkey. We married in 1999. We didn't want to have any baby for the first two years of marriage, because Emel was only 19 years old. We thought "having a baby" was a great responsibility. Then we lived two losts, first was 6 week and the other was 8 week of miscarriages. My wife conceived a son through IUI. We were very happy with that! We continued all controls and take attention everything about gestation. At 28th week of pregnancy, in Ultrasound control our doctor said that baby's abdominal circumference was a little bit small. And he sent us to an OB experienced on scanning for a detailed examination. She noticed that his heart was on the right side of its axis and stomach was up. So our baby son was diagnosed left sided "Congenital Diaphragma Hernia". Then she arranged fetal echocardiogram and MRI visit for us on the same week. And we took genetic consultancy as well. One week later, we learned the first results. The heart was good-looking and normal but on the right. The other results were normal. Although Lung-to-Head ratio was 2.5 on the 28th week, 10 days later the issue was bad anymore. And ratio was about only 1. We were in a shock and hadn't so much information about this abnormal anatomic problem.

We go hospital weekly on every Wednesdays. Emel goes on Saturdays, too. She joins pregnancy exercise program.

This week is 32th week, due date is July 18th. Our baby's condition is always in our thoughts and our prayers.

I decided to prepare this blog. Because, I read tons of writings in the web sites but I saw that people didn't know CDH enough. I really impressed by blogs of CDH babies, Sofia, Audrey, Jolee, Jackson, Leah, Jax and angels Avery, Drew, Parker...
That's all are in our prayers. Please take us into your prayers too.

I will update blog in the future days, putting more advances, news and pictures about us in English and in Turkish as well.

P.S. Please forgive me for my poor English.

Aytekin.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jana said...

Hi Aytekin and Emel,

I'm so glad that you happened upon our blog! That was my hope in starting it--to educate and help others dealing with CDH.

Nothing is certain with this condition which is probably the most difficult part of it all. I can't add anything that hasn't already been said. Just know that you are all in my prayers, please keep us updated. If you need anything at all, please feel free to contact me at janalyn@sbcglobal.net

Jana
Mommy to Elizabeth (8.24.03) and Drew (3.8.06-4.16.06, LCDH)

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Aytekin and Emel,
I have just learnt that a baby having CDH has been operated at Baskent University, Pediatric Surgery Department and was going well on the HFO ventillator.
Dr. Filiz Yanik
2.6.2006 9:00 a.m.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seo google ar , carro ar ar carro carro

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home