Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Quick update

Hi. I slept only 2 hours at previous night. Sorry for late update. As you estimated, we are very happy. Because finally our first child was born after the waiting time of nearly 6 years. He was born at Baskent Hospital on Tuesday, July 11th, 2006 at 10:30am (GMT+2). He weighed about 6 pounds, 13 ounces (about 3 kg.) But they didn’t say his lenght! He was born at the term of 39 weeks (before 7 days from EDD) with normal birth. Emel got Epidural and she said it was not too hard.

After delivery, they announced my name and we went to Emel’s room and there was a crib but it was empty. In a short time, I saw Dr. Eroglu in corridor, she said that delivery and mother was good. Nurses said that the baby had been taken to the intensive care unit because he was not breathing so well! We had empty arms and had no news about him. We just waited even without speaking. It was 13:00, I begged again for seeing our baby. I was at NICU, for only 1-2 minutes and I took two pictures. Then a doctor came, he said that the values dropped down. During rushed seconds, I found myself outside. Emel saw him about 8 hours later.

NICU’s rules are so hard! I don’t think, we can see our precious baby so much. Emel is going out from hospital today.

Pediatric Surgeon, Dr. Arda said that Mert’s condition was good, all things are expectant nothing extra for now. He is on High Frequency Oscillation Ventilator and carbondioxide value is some high. Dr. Arda also said surgery can be within 1 or 2 days!

I had to go out now. Thanks for all prayers, messages, thoughts, feeling and all positive things for our baby. Please go on. Journey has just started for us. Please keep your prayers for Mert and all CDH babies.

Prayers, love.
Aytekin.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seo google ar , carro ar ar carro carro

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home