Thursday, June 08, 2006

Going on

We went 34th week hospital visit to be controlled for changes and advances of the gestation yesterday. Nothing's new. Only some talking with our doctors was good. When Dr. Yanik examined Baby Mert, she made explanations to interns as well. So far, I thought that I began understanding medical matters but during the lesson on work I discerned that I was too far from this type of businesses! And I thought that engineering was more joyful for me! She said, everything seems normal except for CDH. It seems that the plan is to wait normal labor, I think. Then I asked our doctor about the last operated baby in the hospital. I learned that the baby had been noticed that he was with CDH after birth. Our doctor said, we could see the baby, if we go to Pediatric Surgery Department. We rushed to go there as soon as we are done with the doctor.

We came to main hospital building but security didn’t let us get in to department on the 3rd floor. I tried to explain our request but the situation was hopeless! Emel and I decided to wait for visit time which was 2 hours later. We were suggested that we should have made people at Information Desk announce baby’s family or his doctors. But we didn’t know any name, baby’s name or one’s of his family. At the moment Emel was in rest room, The Chairperson of the Obstetrics and Gynecology Department noticed me waiting there nervously. She asked how it was going on. I told her why we were there. She took me directly up 3 floors through security but Emel stayed down unaware. After only a few minutes, I was in NICU just near the baby! His family were not there. Nurse gave me his father’s GSM number. She said that the baby was right sided CDH and post-surgery situation was good. Baby boy named Kaya (means rock) was very sweet. We had a little chat with the nurse who looks like a pleasant and skillful person. She said that baby’s mom didn’t know about surgey. It was interesting for me. As well, she said Emel’s existing in there was not suitable. So, I agreed. Furthermore, I hesitated to call baby Kaya’s father afterwards.

Some precious people who met via internet wanted us to put a picture of us. Here is a picture taken at this weekend.

Aytekin.

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine & Sofia said...

Hi Aytekin and Emel,
Thank you for posting a photo of the two of you, seems to bring us even closer. As you have heard our little princess, Sofia, is finally home! We are so happy and thankful for this blessing. Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts. As always we will continue to pray for you both and baby Mert. God bless.
Love,
Yvonne

6:44 AM  
Blogger baby Jackson said...

Hi guys. Wow I love the picture. I feel that I have really bonded with a few of the families I have met online and seeing pictures makes it so much better. I pray for your family everyday. Good news that everything on Mert's sonogram looked normal (except CDH). I am very glad you got to meet another CDH baby at the hospital, we met a CDh baby in our hospital when I was still preganant, and we still keep in touch with them.
Lots of love and prayers
Adam and Kimberly

9:55 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

You are such a beautiful couple! Mert will be just as beautiful. I continue to keep your family in my thoughts. That is great news that the CDH seems to be the only issue that you are dealing with. That's very neat that you got to see the other CDH baby. Hang in there and keep updating us. Many people that you do not even know are praying for you and your precious baby.

Love,
Jana
Mommy to Elizabeth (8.24.03) and Drew (3.8.06-4.16.06, LCDH)

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seo google ar , ar ar carro carro

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home